The triplets decided to arrive a bit early. (just one day short of two months early) (April 6th)
Kelly Todd and me decided to go to the Arco Park. I was just sitting on one of the benched watching Kelly and Todd play, I began to feel some slite gass (at least that is what it felt like). I told Kelly that I needed to go home and lay down to make the gass pain go away, so we went home. After we got home, and got all situated, I began to feel some very light leg cramps, for some reason I thought it was a little odd, so I called Kelly into the room and told him that we might need to go to the doctor to get things checked out. Kelly asked me, if I was feeling any contractions ( I wasn't ). I called up my doctor to ask some advice, but, I could only get his nurses answering machine, so I left a message, five minutes latter Kelly called the office also and left another message. We then decide to make a drive to Blackfoot (that is where the docs office is). On the way we left a few more messages. We just figured that it was better to get me checked out incase anything was the matter (still no labor pains). Kelly was driving pretty fast on the way. He was driving so fast that we came right up on the tail of a cop car, and the cop signaled for us to pull over. Kelly just explained to the cop the situation, that I might be in labor and it was triplets and was very early. The cop was nice enough to tell us to keep the speed down and go ahead. We kept the speed down till there was a car between us and the cop.
Our doctors nurse finally called us back. She asked me if I was in any pain, and what all my symptoms were and of how many braxton hicks contractions I was experiencing. (I had been experiencing the braxton hicks from way before 20 weeks, so they were an everyday thing for me by then) The nurse told me that if I was carring just one baby, that she would have me just wait it out, but since there were three, that it would be a good idea to get a stress test at the blackfoot hospital, and that most likely that I was not in labor, since there was no pain.
Once we got to the Blackfoot hospital and got checked in, we made our way to the delivery floor. Once we got up there, (we were the only patient) the nurses just looked at me funny like, and told me that I was NOT big enough to be pregnant with triplets and was not doubled over in labor pain, but they would have to check me out anyways.
The nurses had to find two monitors, since one would only monitor one baby at a time. It took a while to get all hooked up and find the babies with the monitors. One nurse kept telling me that it felt like I was having contractions, and kept asking me if I was feeling it (I wasn't, which was fine with me). The doctor on call, then came in to check me out, cause me doctor suggested it be done. Kelly and Todd then stepped out of the room (so that Todd would not have to see anything) The doc then checked my cervix, and got a shocked look on her face. I was dialated to a 3 and 70% effaced. The nurses started to run like crazy. Kelly came back in the room with Todd, and asked what he missed. The doc told him that I was dialated, and that if I dialated any more, they would have to operate right then. The doc also told Kelly that blackfoot was not situated with a NICU, with ment if the babies came out there, that they would be medivacted to Idaho Falls and me I would have to stay in black foot till I was discharged, so I would not beable to be with the babies. The doc said she would call the helicopter, and check me one more time before flight, cause if I dialated to a four, I could not be transported. everything was all set up, the hellicopter landed, (I had been given Magnesium Sulfate to slow down/stop labor) I was checked one more time before flight, still a 3. Kelly and Todd had already headed to Idaho Falls, and Craig and Jackie were called to meet up with them there. My very first hellicopter ride was pretty quick and neat.
Once the hellicopter landed in Idaho falls, I was being unloaded (I was wrapped up like a mummy and straped to a board) I looked over and say Craig and Jackie waiting outside, then over to the other side, Kelly and Todd were just getting out of the car (I was so happy to see Kelly). I got into a hospital room, and was taken off of the board. The docter on call in Idaho Falls came in to check me out, I was then dialated to a 4.5 he said, the nurse said more of a 5. (me and Kelly really believe that the Blackfoot doc, fibbed on the test a little [thankyou]) It was time to operate. We signed a bunch of paper work and spoke to alot of docs and nurses. they were all amazed that I was feeling no labor pain at all. I told the doc that I would like to be awake for the surgery but did not want to see or feel any pain at all. The sheet was hung up very high. Surgery began. It was very odd, cause I could feel the difference in pressure on my belly when each kid came out, also with each kid, we were able to hear each baby cry really loud right away, that was the biggest reliefe. All we saw with each kid, was the back of a nurse, then a little door in the wall open up. All the kids were out, we could even hear one of the babies crying from next door. I was then wheeled into recovery and stayed there for a couple of hours, I really wanted to see my babies and kept asking if they were OK. Kelly got to see them and told me that they were fine and wide awake, Jackie and Craig, were able to see them through a window, then took Todd home. After nearly two hours, I was able to see them. I was just so amazed by the amount of hair all three had and of how long their fingers and toes were. they were great and perfect. We named them Sarah Rose, Miles Jonathon, and Niki Marie Stewart.
They are now out of the NICU and are expected to stay in the hospital till their original due date June 5th. We have a trailer that is parked at the hospital, so that way we can be closer. every day they are gaining and are doing something new. everyone in the hospital is so amazed at how well they are all doing.
My Mom told me that you'd had the babies, but she didn't know all those details! I'm so glad that they're okay and you are too!! I like the names. I can't imagine having to agree on names for three babies... one was hard enough!! Glad you get to be kind of close to them, and I hope you can bring them home soon... June 5th seems like a long time away! Good luck!!
ReplyDelete