Day #2. A picture of me and the person that I have been close with for the longest. This coming April, Kelly and I will have been married for six years. We met at a munch and mingle at the singles branch in Fairbanks. We didn't say much at all to each other when we first met. My brother introduced me to Kelly by telling me that Kelly had also served a mission in Brazil.
Our first date was a double blind date that my brother Nathon and I had set up. Nathon wanted to go out on a date with someone, so he asked if there was anyone that I could set him up with, I told him that I would if he also set me up with a date.
One of my friends was passing through town, so she was the one that I set Nathon up with, and Nathon set me up with Kelly. The date was just going to see a movie then eating out. It was probably one of the most awkward dates ever. One of those times where when everyone is eating, NO ONE SAYS ANYTHING.
Some how after that terrible first date, Kelly asked me out on another date, everything went so much smoother after that. Kelly has been there for me through everything, through all the bad and good.
We took this picture after a 4 wheeler ride together. The trail was extremely dusty. I rode in front and Kelly behind (such a gentlemen). When we got back to the pick up, I was nice and clean and Kelly had a wash off tan.
I LOVE your story. For some reason I thought Nate went out with Molly. I thought Kelly and Nate set it up. Dont know where I got that idea. But this is great! I am so happy you chose to join our family!
ReplyDelete